What is the Best Fresh Food Delivery Service?
Like most Americans, you probably come home each day from work, open the fridge, and find nothing to eat. Next, you end up ordering pizza or takeaway. And, eat the leftovers for breakfast up to a point where you start longing for a nutritious, home-cooked meal. Thankfully, things have been changing in the last few years. You can now order healthy meals through prepared meal delivery services to your door. But, what is the best fresh food delivery service? And, what are the factors to look for when ordering food?
The Food Delivery Industry is Growing Exponentially
According to reports released by Consumer Reports, the food delivery service industry was worth $400 million in the year 2016. And, experts estimate that it is likely to grow 10 times over in the next 5 years. There are more than 100 meal delivery companies in the country, and that means you now have a wide range of services to choose from. While that does leave you spoiled for choice, you may want to pick out the meal prep delivery service with care. Here are some of the important considerations to keep in mind.
1. Check for the Freshness of the Food
As a bodybuilding athlete, when you ask around, what is the best fresh food delivery service, your first concern is likely to be freshness. Here’s what to look for:
- Ask about meals that are cooked with organic ingredients with the minimum of preservatives and additives.
- Look for a healthy food delivery service near you that provides meals every evening or over the weekend as is convenient for you. You can store the meals in the fridge, warm, and serve when you’re ready to eat. You can also bring the meals to work.
- Look for companies that cater to clients in a specific radius around their kitchens.
- Check the company website for the sources of ingredients they use, and if they talk about partnerships with local farms and markets.
- If the company provides frozen meals also, opt for their fresh selection instead.
2. Check for Meals for Food Preferences and Medical Diets
When checking with family, friends, and neighbors, what is the best fresh food delivery service, you may want to ask if they cater to special needs. Here are a few examples:
- Meals for food allergies like a gluten-free meal delivery, lactose-free food, or soya product-free dishes
- Meals for dietary preferences like a paleo, vegan, vegetarian, organic, or low-carb diet for weight watchers
- Meals designed for medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or kidney disease
- Meals prepared with the optimum macronutrients optimization and high protein content for bodybuilding athletes
3. Check for Add-Ons like Smoothies, Snacks, Salads, and Soups
In addition to the main meals like breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you may need snacks and salads that are healthy and nutritious. Check online for what is the best fresh food delivery service and you can find companies that offer you these add-ons. Here’s why:
- The food delivery service near you will likely cater to bodybuilding athletes who need 4 to 5 small meals. These meals are essential for maintaining muscle recovery all through the day.
- You may need a high-protein snack right after a workout session or high-carb small meal just before exercising for energy levels.
- You may be a busy professional or weight-watcher who prefers to skip breakfast and have a smoothie instead.
- You may prefer to bring a salad lunch from home to work so you can eat healthy all day. When ordering meals delivered to your home, request for portions of salads that come individually-packed in just the right-sized portions.
4. Check for Listings of Ingredients and Calorie Content
A good company offering healthy food delivery near you will list all the essential information you need with each dish so you can make an informed choice. Here are some of the values you’ll find that can help you work out what is the best fresh food delivery service.
- Calorie content of each dish: You may find a breakdown of the exact number of calories from carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Ingredients: By reading through the ingredients, you can have a fair view of the meat and vegetable content in each dish when making your choice. If you’re concerned about eating meals with the optimum Biological Value Ratio, this list can help.
- Nutritional Values: A breakdown of the nutritional value of each dish can help you work out the amount of sodium, sugar, and other vitamins and minerals in the food. For instance, if you’re trying to avoid a high sodium content in the food, these figures can help.
5. Check Reviews for Great Taste
One of the first questions you’ll have when checking what is the best fresh food delivery service is a great taste. You’ll want to choose a prepared meal delivery service that has positive consumer reviews. Many companies allow you to try their food for a week or two before you sign up for a longer order. Remember, nutritious food does not have to taste bland and unappetizing. And, an expert chef can combine delectable taste with health.
6. Check for Flexibility
The fresh food delivery service near you should enable you to order the number of meals and snacks per week as per convenience. The company should also permit cancellations within a time-frame so you can make changes to match unexpected changes in your schedule. Most important, the service should have special offerings like a gourmet meal prep menu in case you’re celebrating an occasion. Like, for instance, the Holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries.
So, What is the Best Fresh Food Delivery Service Near You?
When choosing a healthy food delivery near you, it is advisable to do a little research and find a good company. While you may want to keep these 6 major considerations in mind, you could also make other inquiries. These could include the company’s safety and hygiene protocols, certification, and the health checks undertaken regularly. Once you have these concerns sorted, you can safely order the meals you need.
Would you like to come home to steaming hot meals each day? Would you like to order healthy, nutritious meals that also taste delicious? Contact us and our consultants will help you learn how that can be made possible.
Have you ordered food at a meal delivery service before? How did you like the taste? Have you signed up for a regular meal delivery? Please share your thoughts using the comment box below.