Plant Based Meal Delivery
Americans are changing the way they eat!
According to statistics gathered by Baum+Whitman, a restaurant consultancy group operating out of New York, Americans are making a big push towards eating more of plants in their meals. And, that probably explains the rising popularity of plant-based meal delivery services.
The research report gets more interesting with numbers revealing that close to 31% Americans eat meat on only specific days of the month. Further, given a choice, 35% of diners would prefer other sources of protein as instead of red meat.
In response to changing preferences, grocery stores now stock more of vegetables and fruits, and products that are derived from plants. All of this information points to the fact that people are getting more conscious about the downsides of an animal-based diet.
Plant-Based Food Delivery can Prove to be Highly Beneficial
Busy schedules that have become a way of life in a large section of American households. And, it is understandable that you rely heavily on fresh food delivery services. While opting for a plant-based meal delivery service, you can rest assured of the innumerable benefits. Here are some of them.
- Statistics clearly point to heart disease causing the largest number of deaths in America. However, this disease is almost entirely absent among people who follow a vegetarian diet. In addition to coronary heart disease, you can also avoid hypertension and high cholesterol levels.
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) and American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommend that you opt for plant-based meals to avoid Type II diabetes. Vegetarian meals can help you with better sensitivity to insulin.
- Keeping your weight in check becomes a lot easier when you order meals at a plant-based meal delivery service. Switch to more of fruits and vegetables and watch the pounds drop quickly.
- By eating a healthy diet with more of plant products, you can resist diseases like cancer better. That’s because these foods act as powerful antioxidants. You’ll also keep away signs of aging and look younger.
- Simply by opting for more nutritious food, you’ll find that you have more energy levels with improved memory and brain function. You’ll remain satiated and get hungry less often.
- Most important, people who eat less of red meat and focus more on a plant-based diet are likely to live longer. Results of the Harvard JAMA study were published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. The study clearly proved the connection between longevity and a plant-based diet.
Choose a Plant-Based Prepared Meal Delivery with Care
Before you get ready to make the transition in your eating habits, you may want to take a closer look at what the newest research says. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology talks about how you may want to place orders for a plant-based meal delivery with caution. When choosing the dishes and cuisines you like best, be aware of the three broad categories of a plant-based diet.
- A diet that includes more of plant products, but also has animal products with smaller portion sizes. Such diets could include healthy dairy products, eggs, honey, and other such foods that are extracted from animals.
- A healthy diet that is completely vegetarian or vegan as it is strictly called. This food plan that you can order at a vegan meal prep delivery service includes a carefully balanced blend of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. No animals products of any kind are added.
- An unhealthy diet that is again entirely vegetarian. However, this plan contains more of sugars and refined foods like white bread and white rice. The menu might also have other processed foods that may contain preservatives, chemicals, GMOs, and other such elements. This factor takes away from the nutritious values of the plant-based diet and is actually more harmful than good.
Postdoctoral fellow at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, Ambika Satija, ScD reveals, “When we examined the associations of the three food categories with heart disease risk, we found that healthy plant foods were associated with lower risk, whereas less healthy plant foods and animal foods were associated with higher risk.”
She goes on to add, “It’s apparent that there is a wide variation in the nutritional quality of plant foods, making it crucial to take into consideration the quality of foods in a plant-based diet.”
Do Some Research when Placing Orders at a Plant-Based Diet Delivery Service
The verdict here is that not all animal-based foods are bad for you. And, not all plant-based foods are good for you. What you need to do is create a perfect balance between the two groups choosing the best of both worlds. Take a look at these tips, and keep them in mind when ordering meals at the food places that deliver near you.
- Avoid meat on certain days of the week. You could also try controlling the portion sizes by say, removing half the meat and substituting it with beans or tofu.
- Include eggs in your diet, the benefits cannot be stressed enough.
- Eliminate white bread and rice entirely. Choose cereals, pasta, and bread made with whole wheat grains. Brown rice is also a healthier option.
- When shopping for fruits and vegetables, opt for the seasonal varieties. It’s okay to buy the precut or frozen varieties also. And, if you’re getting the canned variety, read the label carefully for the sugar and salt content.
Or, Choose a Plant-Based Meal Delivery Service
A more convenient option is to order the meals you need at the prepared meal delivery service close to you. Take a close look at the ingredients in the dishes, and opt for the meals that match your preferences. Making the transition to a healthy, nutritious diet with convenient meal delivery has never been so easy.
Are you looking for more information about how to incorporate healthier foods into your diet? Contact us and our consultants will help you with all the details you need.
Have you been looking around for healthier meal options? Did you try ordering at a meal delivery service? How did you like the food? How about sharing your experiences with our readers using the comment box below.